Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 1 part duex

So here we are at the end of day 1. I think I should mention that I am by no means an experienced gardner... Neither is lucky! Fortunately for him, he has taken a supervisor role. I on the other hand am stuck with all the work.
I now remember what about gardening I am not fond of, bugs and critters. Sadly they are a big part of it all. I know they have jobs but can't they all be more appealing to the eye? Just saying!
So I think I should also mention that most of my garden will probably be bought at some nursery or garden store. So if ever there is a true hardcore Gardner that reads this...sorry! I guess this is where I have to start. Maybe someday I'll be able to start seeds. I did it with basil but it takes so much patience. Right now I am into instant gratification! I want results now. But before we get there i have to clean out the weeds and over growth. I managed to get the flower bed done. I just need the rest of the yard... Just for uniformity. It would be a shame to have a really nice garden on one side and the other side looking like an abandoned lot!
I haven't decided exactly what to grow, but I think I will go with mostly veggies and herbs. I have lots of magazines with really good ideas so maybe this weekend while I am at work I'll go through them and decide what looks and grows best here. I think that's the first tip I learned, find what grows best in your area. I pass on the wisdom....until next time. Write you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment